Sunnyside Gold Corporation (SGC) formed in 1985 and operated the Sunnyside Mine, located in the Silverton Caldera near Silverton, Colorado, from 1986 until 1991. Over the past 30 years, SGC has spent $30 million on its award-winning reclamation and remediation efforts in the area.
The Silverton Caldera is a historic mining district. Exploration in the area began as early as the 1700s, with serious mineral exploration beginning in the early 1870s. The Caldera is highly mineralized and has hosted hundreds of mines and dozens of mills between the 1870’s and 1985.